
Ok, I'm gonna attempt to gather my thoughts on Elizabethtown. First off, I've alrreay read the whole issue about the longer cut shown at the Toronto Film Festival which has been slimmed down by 18 mins for this theatrical cut. That being said, this cut felt almost incomplete to me. Yes, I noticed scenes missing that were in the trailer, but regardless of that, some bits felt rushed or incomplete, and I know for sure that they were there in the script. It almost felt like watching the theatrical version of Almost Famous, which if you compare that movie to the untitled cut of it, the longer version is far more better. I'm hoping that is the case with elizabbethtown when the extended dvd comes out. That's not to say I hated the movie. Overall, it was classic Cameron Crowe, but it felt like it was just missing some important parts. I loved the all night phone conversation scene, and the whole opening narration was very much in the vein of the jerry Maguire opening. The road trip scene at the end was good, but it felt rushed, I know crowe shot a lot more of that scene so hopefully it will be even better in the longer cut. So yeah, it has the potential of being a great film, but what is here is just very good, but I stil hope it does well at the box office because Cameron Crowe deserves every bit of success that he rightfully should get.


