Saturday, July 02, 2005


So I saw War of the Worlds for a third time last night, and I will be seeing it a fourth tommorow with my mom and sister (I think Seth is the only person on planet to see it more times.) But anyways, after coming home last night, I pulled out all the Spielberg movies I didn't watch as part of my marathon (A.I, Minority Report, Schindler's List, Empire of the Sun, Catch Me if You Can) and I put on A.I. since I hadn't seen it since high school and I always just kind of liked it because it was a Spielberg movie. I can tell you now that it is one of the most creative and imaginative movies I've ever seen. I can remember in high school when I would tell my friends that I liked A.I. they would freak out and say how much it sucked, but for no apparent reason why. I can't see now what they were thinking. The same can be said for Minority Report, which I am watching right now as I write this. I can't see why people can't like amazingly creative and imaginative movies like War of the Worlds and A.I. yet go crazy for corporate crap-fetsts like the upcoming Fantastic Four. Like I said before, Hollywood has forgotten about story in recent years, and it's been great to see the re-emergence of story this summer in Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, and the latest Star Wars. I hope that War of the Worlds does well at the box office, and Batman as well, so Hollywood will see that people want to see great stories, and not just dumb special effects laden corporate crap like the upcoming Stealth (which I won't even comment on). Yeah, I'm gonna stop rambling and finish watching Minority Report.