Wednesday, June 22, 2005


well sitting at common grounds again still because no internet and listening to the E.T. soundtrack. Not that anyone cares, but I just got the greatest idea in the world and what could possibly one of the best days ever. Since they are remodeling at the Marina this week so I can't work and since War of the Worlds comes out next wednesday and I am still getting over my Batman hype, I plan to watch as many Spielberg movies this weekend as I can. I'm talking like starting with Jaws, and moving all the way through Close Encounters to ET and Raiders and Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan and Minority Report, and any others I can fit in. This could turn out to be one of the greatest days ever, or 2 days, however long it takes. I'm already getting excited about it. Spielberg movies to me are more than just movies, they are like best friends. My childhood was formed by E.T. Back to the Future, Jaws, and Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan was probably the greatest experience I've ever had in a movie theater and inspired me to want to do what Spielberg does. I know Seth feels the same way about Spielberg, and I remembered the other day that we talked about Spielberg movies the first time we met in class on the first day of college. I'm sure someday if I ever get a chance to meet the man, which probably will never happen anyways, I don't even think I could express to him in words how much his work has meant to me. As I sit here right now and listen to the Jurassic Park theme, I am getting more and more excited to see the man's next great work, and for anyone still reading this pointless post, I hope you have something out there like a song or a book or anything in the world that makes you feel as alive as when I watch a Spielberg film.