
just saw Batman Begins.....I guess it's no surprise that I found it to be amazing. I won't go into why it is so good like every other review has, but the thing about it to me is it finally showed that Hollyood is still capable of telling great stories. I've read and heard many people talk about recently how movies don't tell stories anymore, its just about entertainment and making money. Back in the 70's, you could still tell a great story, like Star Wars, and get people to see it. Now, story has been sacrificed for sheer entertainment. Movies like Cinderella Man, which would have been big hits back in the 70's, are now seen as a rarity. I'm glad that Christopher Nolan took on the task to tell the Batman story the way it should have been. This isn't about crazy villians and cool action setpieces like the old ones, it's about a story of kid wanting revenge for his parents murder, and finding his purpose, which is to protect people. All the old movies never focused on Bruce Wayne or his inner demons, it was all about the villians. This film really tries to explain why Bruce Wayne dresses up like a bat and runs around fighting crime, which sounds absurd, but Chris Nolan makes it real. There's so many great scenes, most of them character moments, and not action sequences, like when Lt. Gordon tries to comfort Bruce after his parents have just been murdered, and basically the whole relationship scenes with Alfred and Bruce. I could go on and on about this movie, but I won't. I just hope that Hollywood looks at this movie and sees that people want great stories and not just cheap thrills.


