Friday, May 13, 2005

"to conquer fear, you must become fear..."


wow, i did not think this movie could look any better, but after watching this, I think this is the PERFECT batman movie and I haven't even seen it yet. Let me tell you a little backstory. Batman is my favorite superhero. I can remember the first time I saw the original Tim Burton movie back when I was a kid and my paren'ts buying me all the toys which I still own to this day, cause I'm a huge dork, but also I used to come home every day after school in jr. high and watch reruns of the 60's show with Adam West, and of course the most favorite memory I have is coming home every day in elementary school to watch the incredible Batman The Animated Series (which I can now re-live those memories with the dvd's) which is in my opinion the best depiction of Batman stories out there. So yeah, I grew up with Batman, and after enduring the crapfest that was Batman and Robin, I thought it would be a very long time before someone got it right, but it looks like Christopher Nolan has done it. Christian Bale looks like the perfect Batman/Bruce Wayne, and the supporting cast is also amazing. This movie is looking more and more like the Batman of the animated series that I grew up loving, and don't get me wrong, I love Burton's Gothic version, but I really wanted to see a movie that equaled the greatness of the animated series, and hopefully this one will. Yeah, so I'm gonna go listen to the Batman soundtrack and maybe drag out that old remote controlled Batmobile to play with. Why can't I be 12 years old again?