"The island brought us here."

Get ready for another post on my lame obsession with tv shows. The LOST season finale met all my expectations and answered a lot of questions and raised some new ones. For those of you who watch the show (and those who don't, don't worry, I won't spoil it) I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic next season between Jack and Locke, who is clearly my favorite and most interesting character on the island. I find it no coincidence that he is named after the great philosopher and I have also noticed how his scar on his face resembles a cross. Maybe I'm just catching on, but to me the title of the show isn't just referring to how the survivors are lost on this island, but also how they are lost with themselves. Each person, as we learned through the course of the season their backstories (which is one of the brilliant things that makes the series work) was lost before they got on that plane. Drug addicts, cripples, fugitives, estranged fathers and sons, they are all broken people before coming to the island. The island is the place where they find redemption, whether they know it or not. I won't spoil more of the secrets for anyone that hasn't seen the first season, but I highly recommend it, it's one of the greatest stories of redemption I've ever seen.


